Thursday, August 13, 2009

My Adult Hamsters

At the moment, I have 5 adult hamsters, all of them are campbell dwarves (consists of 3 females and 2 males). Technically, I've never handle them with hands, only then with the babies I practice it to teach them to get familiar with human hands so that they will be tame and don't bite.

First hamster is Jack, a male argente. He was bought through the net after I've decided to get serious in keeping hamsters and at the same time selling the babies. He's considered quite big and I wasn't sure of his age. He likes to eat and sleep, which maybe explains his body size. But, he's very good at being a stud hamster. Once a female hamster is put in his cage, he directly check her 'availability' and then do 'the business'.

Jack




The next hamster is Lizzy, a female red-eyed argente mottled hamster. After her first litter, I thought she was going to die since she looks hopeless and didn't eat and move too much. Because of that, I bought another female (already dead after giving birth). The next day, Lizzy is back to be active (guess I was fooled by her) and (surprisingly) can do back somersault. The pictures were taken during after she had her fourth litter.

Lizzy







When I was in Pets Wonderland (Midvalley Megamall), there was this beautiful and cute hamster. After being confirmed she is a red-eyed female, I bought and named her Hera. So far, she's still trying to get pregnant. At the moment, she's being put with Jack, hoping for babies to come soon.

Hera




I've been trying to get an all black female, just to see how the babies will turn out to look like. Then I got Belle, a female black campbell. Interestingly, I'm guessing she's a satin-haired campbell because the coat looks a bit glossy. She's now being put together with Ben, my other male.

Belle



As I mentioned earlier, Ben is a black-eyed white . I bought him the last from all the five. Up till now, I'm still waiting to see how he performs with the females. With Lizzy, she managed to have babies at the moment (2 pups).

Ben


No comments:

Post a Comment